What is covered by
Support and Maintenance and how it works.
PHS7: All versions
¶ Support and Maintenance description
See the article Maintenance and Technical Support Agreement.
This article provides specific information about the Maintenance and technical support agreement regarding ProMaster Hardware 7 to be read in conjunction with the Maintenance and technical support agreement.
Support and Maintenance ("S+M") is an annual fee that entitles the license holder to technical support and product maintenance updates during the S+M period.
- Technical support via telephone and email.
- Remote control software such as TeamViewer may be used to assist.
- Access during the S+M period to download and install maintenance updates released during the S+M period.
Support is not provided via any other forums, such as but not limited to Facebook, Twitter etc.
Technical support is not training on how to use computers. The user is expected to have these base skills.
For clarity, S+M does not include;
- On-site assistance.
- Assistance with computer hardware or network issues.
- Bespoke software development.
- Diagnosis or repair of damaged or corrupted databases. See Overview of backups for advice on protecting your data.
- Assistance designing reports if you have licensed the End User Reporting module.
- S+M may be renewed at any time from one month before the current term expiry date.
- S+M may be renewed via;
- The WH Software web site using a credit card.
- The PHS7 reseller where you purchased the license.
- Bank transfer to WH Software. Contact us first for an invoice and bank details. Note that S+M is not renewed and is not available until payment is received in full.
- S+M is included in the initial license purchase and expires 12 months after the purchase.
- If S+M is renewed before or up to 6 months following the expiry then the expiry date of the new term is 12 months after the previous term and the standard S+M fee is applicable. S+M is considered to have been active continuously from the previous expiry date.
- If S+M is renewed after 6 months following the expiry then the expiry date of the new term is 12 months after the renewal date.
On all parts of the license where S+M is applicable, the annual S+M amount is calculated as 20% of the price of each part of the license. The total S+M fee payable is the sum of these parts.
S+M is not applied to the End User Reporting module. Assistance designing reports is charged on a time basis.
- Some software features are available only when S+M is active. These features will cease functioning when S+M expires until S+M is renewed.
S+M supported features include;
- Import from Opening Studio
- Some features added for specific licensees.
When S+M is expired, additional features and user licenses may not be purchased and added to the PHS7 license.
For any problems occurring during a period where S+M is not active, where the license holder subsequently renews S+M, assistance with the problems occurring in the non-support period will be sole discretion of WH Software Ltd.
On the release of a new major version (e.g., 7.xxxxx to 8.xxxxx), an upgrade is offered from the old version to the new version. The upgrade price for each license is calculated, and the continuity of S+M on the old product from the date it was purchased to the date of release of the new version affects the upgrade license price offered during a preferential upgrade period that follows the release of the new version.
- At WH Software's discretion we may offer other services such as;
- On-site training
- On-site consultancy
- Bespoke development
- Data migration
- Services are charged at the current rates at the time of delivering the service.
- Any associated travel, accommodation and associated costs are charged.